WARNINGS FOR THOSE WHO CHOOSE THE PILGRIMAGE ON FOOT
- On the streets with traffic, walk on the left, in single file, according to the rules of the highway code.
- Tighten to the left in the curves and bottlenecks.
- Choose the paths less traveled by the machines. From Borgo San Dalmazzo you can take the path that runs along the mountain to the old military road (fraction Bedoira), which leads to Pratolungo.
- Plan the appropriate stages, inserting, possibly, a reflection or a suitable prayer.
- Do not venture into a long march, with sporting characteristics, without adequate training. You risk getting to the shrunken Sanctuary, without the strength to spiritually complete the valid experience of the pilgrimage.
- It is a good practice to do a stretch of road on foot, but according to your own strength (for example, from the Madonna delle Nevi or from the Lombarda junction, or from the Baraccone or from Pratolungo, joining the steps to prayer).
- For an authentic pilgrimage it is strongly recommended to arrive at the encounter with God, in the name of St. Anne, through participation in the Sacraments of Penance and the Eucharist.
- At night, signal its presence with a flashlight and with any reflectors or phosphorescent stripes.
- Prudence is never too much, especially on Saturday and Sunday nights.
- For more information on the pilgrimage to Saint Anne of Vinadio visit the website