THE CHURCH TODAY

sastr2b

The current sacred building is the second dedicated to St. Anne. Built in 1680, it has three naves, with a wooden floor rising up the slope of the rock below.
The central nave extends into the presbytery closed by large gates, with the Vinadio coat of arms on top. On the front of the presbytery stand out the sides of the nineteenth-century statue of St. Anne with Mary and the seventeenth-century arm of the saint.
The current marble high altar dates back to 1960, while ten years later the new embossed copper canteen was set up for the people. The two side altars are dedicated to S.Gioachino and the Madonna della Neve. The walls are adorned with numerous ex-votos that testify to the gratitude of generations of pilgrims.

Top

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.